Summer Series Rules
1. Early Registration: Teams may pre-register for the tournament online(fish.bluewatermovements.com) or by mail. Registrations sent by mail should be forwarded to Bluewater Movements, Inc. PO Box 50114, Lighthouse Point, FL 33074. Payment may be made by check or credit card (MC, Visa & Amex accepted). Make check payable to Bluewater Movements ($508.25). Please note team name and phone number on check.
Shootout: Early entry fees sent by mail must be postmarked by April 30, 2022. Payment by check will not be accepted after 4/29/22.
Slam: Early entry fees sent by mail must be postmarked by May 27, 2022. Payment by check will not be accepted after 5/27/22.
Showdown: Early entry fees sent by mail must be postmarked by July 29, 2022. Payment by check will not be accepted after 7/29/22.
2. Late Registration: Kickoff parties and final registration will be held at the Pompano Beach Civic Center located at 1801 NE 6th Street, Pompano Beach, FL 33060. Registrations at the kickoff must be paid by cash or credit ($615.25). Entry fees are not refundable for any reason.
Shootout: Thursday, May 12, 2022
Slam: Thursday, June 09, 2022
Showdown: Thursday, August 11, 2022
3. Entry Forms: Registration must be completed by the captain or owner with appropriate fees and registration information. Officials reserve the right to refuse application or entry into the tournaments at their discretion with or without cause.
4. Anglers: Each boat may register as many anglers as they choose. Participating anglers should be provided to tournament staff in advance of fishing. Please notify the committee of any angler changes prior to the start of fishing.
5. Waiver: All members on board a participating teams boat must review, sign and submit the Participant Waiver form as a condition of participation in the tournaments. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
6. Eligible Species: Dolphin, Kingfish, Wahoo, Blackfin Tuna and Cobia
7. Fish Limit: A maximum of 10 fish may be weighed in per boat. Each boat may weigh in a total of 4 fish per species. Each fish must weigh a minimum of 10 pounds. Fish that do not meet these requirements will not count. All boats must adhere to state of Florida recreational bag limits as they pertain to all eligible species. Boats possessing commercial licenses may not utilize them during tournament competition.
8. Tackle: All fish must be caught on rod and reel. Wire lines are permitted. No electric reels (except kite rods & downriggers). Treble hooks are permitted. Harpoons may not be used for any purpose in the tournament.
9. Bait & Bait Fishing: Fishing with live bait is permitted in the tournaments; however, live chumming is not permitted. Live baits may not be removed from a hook or baitwell thrown against any object or surface on the boat and then placed in the water. Live baits may not be removed from a hook or baitwell, then cut in half and thrown into the water. If a bait is not attached to a hook connected by line to a fishing rod, it must be completely dead before it is placed in the water. Live bait teasers are not allowed. All teams in the tournaments are prohibited from having any boats outside the tournaments to live chum on their behalf. Frozen chum and cut bait are permitted. Registered boats may catch their own bait at any time during the tournaments.
10. Hook & Catch: All male, female and junior anglers must hook, fight, and catch their own fish. Once a fish is hooked, that angler must fight the fish until it is properly released, boated or lost. Anglers may not pass rods to fellow anglers once a fish has been hooked. A fish is considered to be hooked once a strike occurs and the drag is engaged or the bail is closed. The use of a rod holder to hook a fish is allowable provided the individual that engages the drag is the same person that fights the fish until release, catch or loss.
11. Tournament Channel: The tournament committee will operate on channel 74. Channel 68 will be used as an alternate. All discussions among competitors should be conducted on alternate channels.
12. Boundaries: North - 27.05 South - 25.25 East - 79.35
13. Check-Out: There is not a land based checkout for the tournaments. Prior to the start of fishing, each team must video the time, date and GPS coordinates to verify they are within the stated boundaries for the tournaments. That video must be uploaded to an online team folder provided by the committee.
14. Inspection: Tournament officials reserve the right to inspect any boat participating in the tournaments during the day of competition. Any boat that refuses inspection will be automatically disqualified from the tournament.
15. Lines In: 7:30am
16. Landfall: Following check-out, or once fishing hours have begun, no boats will be permitted to touch land until reaching the docks for the weigh-in. Special consideration will be given for medical conditions and special circumstances that may arise during the day of fishing. The committee must be notified in advance of any situation that may warrant exception to this rule.
17. Check-In: No lines out of the water. All boats with fish to weigh must be visually checked in by displaying their boat number to the tournament committee at the designated location by tournament committee no later than 4:30 pm, regardless of hook-ups. Boats that do not check in by 4:30 pm will not be eligible to weigh their fish.
18. Weigh-In: The main weigh station for the Saltwater Shootout is located at Alsdorf Park (14th Street Boat Ramp). A secondary weigh station will be available for express weigh-in's at Lighthouse Point Marina ONLY for the Shootout and Slam. Boats that wish to weigh their fish at the Lighthouse Point Marina must notify the tournament committee before bringing their fish to that location. The scales at both locations will open at 4:00pm. All fish must be brought to the weigh station in the boat that they were caught. Transferring of fish to another boat will result in disqualification. All decisions of the weigh master are final. The primary weigh station for the Saltwater Slam and Showdown is Sullivan Park in Deerfield Beach located at 1633 Riverview Rd, Deerfield Beach, 33441.
19. Weather: In the event that weather conditions arise deemed unsafe for the average registered boat, by the tournament officials, a tournament may be called off for that day. No refunds will be made in the event of cancellation. Any notice of cancellation will be broadcast on channel 74. If Saturday is weathered out, the cancelled tournament will be moved to the same hours on Sunday. It is expressly understood that the permitting of fishing by tournament officials does not ensure the safety of registered anglers or any other occupants of their vessels. Captains, anglers and all other members of registered boats must determine in their own judgment whether to fish under the given conditions based on factors including but not limited to the seaworthiness of their boat and their own seamanship.
20. Protests: All protests must be made within 4 hours of the conclusion of fishing along with $500 cash or check to the tournament officials. Protests should be made based on first hand eyewitness information. All decisions of the tournament officials regarding protests are final.
21. Polygraph: By entering the tournaments all captains, anglers and occupants of their boats voluntarily consent to submit to a polygraph examination as deemed necessary by tournament officials. All decisions of the polygraph examiner will be final. Any captain, angler or occupant of a registered boat who refuses to take a polygraph or provides untruthful answers as determined by the examiner will be disqualified from the respective tournament without further notice. Such a disqualification will eliminate payment or provision of any prize money, awards and/or refund of entrance fees.
22. Release: By registering for the tournaments, all captains, anglers and occupants of their boat hereby consent that tournament officials may use without payment or restriction, any photographs, video or interviews in which he or she may appear for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to resale, advertising and promotional material.
23. Tournament Discretion: The tournament director reserves the right to implement his or her discretion at any time during the tournaments as it may apply to the rules or any other circumstance that should arise during the course of the event.
24. Hold Harmless: It is expressly understood that all registered participants and non-registered occupants of their boats enter into the events in the Pompano Beach Saltwater Circuit voluntarily and at their own risk. Further, each registered and non-registered participant on behalf of other family members and/or executors agrees to release and hold harmless Bluewater Movements Inc, its officers, directors, owners, members, representatives, agents, employees, independent contractors, volunteers, promoters, advertisers, sponsors, partners, joint ventures, affiliates, assigns, polygraph examiner, the city and county where the events are held and all other persons connected directly or indirectly with the operation of any event in the Pompano Beach Saltwater Circuit (collectively, “Released and Indemnified Parties”) from any and all claims, losses, damages, demands, causes of action, suits and liabilities of every kind arising out of, related to, or resulting from the tournament, activity or event, including but not limited to all events in the Pompano Beach Saltwater Circuit, including without limitation, any claim for loss, damage or destruction of property, or injury (including death), regardless of whether such loss arises in whole or in part from the negligence of any Released and Indemnified Party. This release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as possible under applicable law, and if any portion of this release is held invalid or unenforceable, the balance shall continue in full force and legal effect. Jurisdiction over the tournament shall be exclusively that of the tournament director. All parties agree to be bound by the tournament director’s decisions without exception.
25. Signature: By registering for a tournament, the captain, owner or
person responsible for the team’s registration acknowledges that all anglers and crew
members on board the boat will abide by tournament rules.
26. Scoring: Each fish meeting weight requirements will be given a score of one point per pound. Mutilated fish will be disqualified. The decision of the weighmaster is final. In the event of a weight tie, the money will be evenly distributed among the two places. Ties are not broken by time.
27. Non-Pro Division: If any team member, mate or guest on a competing team's boat has ever placed in the top 8 or higher in any PBSC event within the past 8 years of their competition, then that team shall not be eligible for the Non-Pro prize money categories. Top teams that have not participated in a PBSC tournament in recent years who reenter the series, will be evaluated backwards from the previous date that they fished a PBSC event. SKA Pro Team are not eligible for this category. Charter boat captains are not eligible for this category. Non-Pro teams are eligible for all other prize money in the tournament. The tournament committee reserves the right to exercise final discretion in determining any team's eligibility for this category.
28. Team Division: Top teams will be determined based on the total points scored by the registered anglers of each boat.
29. Junior Angler Division: Eligible to kids 15 and under. The junior angler points may also contribute to the total number of boat points. However, the junior angler is not eligible for any other top angler prizes.
30. Pee-Wee Angler: Eligible to kids 9 and under. No restrictions on species size or type except Billfish & Sharks for pee-wee anglers. However, the pee-wee angler points will not contribute to the total boat points. Pee-Wee anglers are allowed assistance in fighting the fish. A maximum of 5 fish may be weighed in by a pee-wee. Kids within this age bracket may elect to compete exclusively as a junior angler if they choose, however, they must do so according to the rules set forth for junior anglers.
31. Family Division: In order to qualify for the Family Division there must be two or more immediate family members on the boat during the day of fishing. Ex: Husband, Wife, Parents, Children, Grandparents, Siblings (No In-Laws). Scoring for this category will be based solely on the amount of fish weighed by the immediate family members on board the boat. Points scored by non family members aboard the boat will not be factored into the scoring for this category.
32. Small Boat Division: This division will only be available to single powered boats of 26 feet or less and a maximum of 400HP. Boat lengths must be reported at registration as stated by the boat manufacturer. The tournament committee reserves the right to review documentation of any boat to establish qualification for this category. Boats in this division are still eligible for all other prize categories in the tournament.
33. Bluewater Challenge: Prize money in this division is awarded to the angler that catches the heaviest fish of the tournament. You must be entered in the division to qualify for the prize money.
34. Bluewater Bonanza: Prize money in this division is divided among the top three boats with the heaviest combined weight. The money is divided at 50% to 1st place, 30% to 2nd place, and 20% to 3rd place. You must be entered into the division to qualify for the prize money.
35. Small Boat Bonanza: Your boat must meet small boat requirements to enter this optional entry division. Prize money is divided among the top two boats with 70% to 1st place and 30% to 2nd place.
36. Non-Pro Bonanza: You must qualify for ‘Non-Pro' status in order to enter this optional entry division. Prize money is divided among the top three boats with the heaviest combined weight. 50% to 1st place, 30% to 2nd place and 20% to 3rd place. You must be entered into the division in order to qualify for the prize money. Non-Pro teams may also enter the Bluewater Bonanza.
37. Ante Up: Prize money in this division is divided among the top two boats with the heaviest combined weight. The money is divided at 60% to 1st place and 40% to second. You must be entered in the division to qualify for the prize money.
38. The Big Three: Prize money in this division is awarded for the 3 heaviest fish caught in the tournament. The money is divided as follows: 50% for heaviest fish, 30% for 2nd heaviest fish and 20% for the 3rd heaviest fish. You must be entered in the division in order to qualify for the prize money.
39. Holy Mackerel: Prize money in this division is awarded for the heaviest 3 Kingfish caught in the tournament. 50% of the money goes to the heaviest fish, 30% to the 2nd heaviest fish and 20% to the 3rd heaviest fish. You must be entered in this division in order to qualify for the prize money.
40. Kay Dee Dubya Jackpot: Prize money in this division is awarded to the team that weighs in the heaviest trio of Dolphin, Wahoo and Kingfish. If more than one team catches the KDW Jackpot, the winner will be determined by heaviest combined weight. If there is no winner, then the money will roll into the next PBSC tournament where it will continue to grow until someone hits the Jackpot. You must be registered in this category in order to be eligible for the prize money.
41. Pick 3: Before the start of fishing, 3 of the 5 eligible species in the tournament will be drawn from a sealed container. The 3 species that are drawn must be caught on the day of the tournament in order to win the Pick 3 purse. If more than one team catches the Pick 3 trio, the winner will be determined by heaviest combined weight. If there is no winner, then the money will roll into the next PBSC tournament where a new Pick 3 drawing will take place and the purse will continue to grow until there is a winner. You must be registered for this category in order to be eligible for the prize money.
42. Winnings: By law, all winners must fill out a W9 form prior to receiving any payments. Prize money will be withheld until a W9 form is received from the winner. W9 forms will be available at the awards ceremony for each tournament.