sailfish challenge - Charity
COMMITTED TO THE CONSERVATION OF GAME FISH
To drive a sustainable relationship between game fish and recreational anglers through conservation.
The International Game Fish Association (IGFA) is a nonprofit organization committed to the conservation of game fish and the promotion of responsible, ethical angling practices through:
- The recognition of outstanding accomplishments in recreational angling
- The IGFA continually advocates for sound game fish laws and policies, based on science. In 2018, the IGFA was instrumental in passing legislation that banned the sale of all marlin, sailfish and spearfish within the United States.
- Through the International Great Marlin Race (IGMR) program, the IGFA and our partners at Stanford University are running the world’s largest citizen science billfish satellite tagging program.
- The IGFA is currently pursuing a global initiative of teaching 100,000 kids to fish by 2019 to help build the next generation of ethical anglers and environmental stewards.
- Since its creation in 1939 the IGFA has been sport fishing’s rule maker and record keeper – a role that the organization embraces and promotes nearly 80 years later.